Donate to Odyssey
Odyssey has made a difference in the lives of many writers. Through our annual workshop and other educational programs and resources, we offer an in-depth writing curriculum; honest, concrete, detailed feedback; one-on-one guidance; continued support; and community with other writers.
The Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed with a simple yet inspiring mission: to help developing writers of fantasy, science fiction, and horror improve their work.
While college creative writing programs are numerous, few allow students to submit fantastic fiction, and even fewer have faculty and students equipped to provide insightful critiques on such material. By bringing together teachers and students who are familiar with fantastic fiction and who believe in its value as an art form, Odyssey allows developing writers to receive informed, insightful instruction and feedback.
Odyssey is based on the principle that writing is one of the hardest things a person can attempt, and that the journey to become the best writer one can be is lifelong. To help developing writers improve as much as possible, Odyssey creates demanding programs and encourages writers to strive for excellence. Odyssey works to create an environment that is supportive yet challenging, perhaps the most challenging that writers have ever encountered.
Odyssey depends on donations to meet its operating expenses each year. Our annual funding need is about $25,000. Only with your support can Odyssey continue to fulfill its mission.
You can donate to Odyssey by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card. You can also set up a monthly donation or make a bequest to Odyssey. Details are below.
The success of Odyssey depends on the wisdom and support of many. Thank you for your belief in Odyssey’s educational mission.
Odyssey welcomes gifts in any amount. Every dollar helps!
- Rosy-Fingered Dawn ($1-$9)
- The Bow of Odysseus ($10-$19)
- Well-Fed Rams of Polyphemus ($20-$49)
- Eumaeus, the Loyal Swineherd ($50-$99)
- Laertes, Father of Odysseus ($100-$199)
- Tiresias, the Blind Prophet ($200-$299)
- Telemachus, Son of Odysseus ($300-$499)
- Penelope, Wife of Odysseus ($500-$999)
- Aeolus, Keeper of the Winds ($1,000-$2,499)
- Hermes ($2,500-$4,999)Athena ($5,000-$9,999)
- Zeus ($10,000 or more)
Those donating $500 or more will receive a thank you gift of an Odyssey jotter.
- All donations are tax-deductible.
- Send your check or money order payable to Odyssey to:
Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust
P.O. Box 75
Mont Vernon, NH 03057
- Donate via PayPal, a service that allows you to charge the cost on a credit card.
- Donate with a credit card through GuideStar, a database of information about nonprofit organizations that allows you to easily support your favorite causes. Go to Guidestar.org, type Odyssey Writing Workshops into the search box, and choose the Monthly Recurring Donation option. You can establish a monthly donation using your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card.
If you are able, please consider joining a special group of supporters, The Argives, named after those intrepid Greeks who fought and sailed alongside Odysseus, and become a monthly donor.
Your regular monthly donation of $5, $10, $15, or more can add up to a major contribution, and it allows Odyssey to make long-term plans and commit to projects that will have long-term impact.
Your monthly donation could be no more than the cost of a cup of coffee each day. But it could make a huge difference to fantasy, science fiction, and horror writers.
Make a monthly donation via PayPal by clicking on the Subscribe button below.
- Eumaeus, the Loyal Swineherd : $5.00 USD – monthly
- Laertes, Father of Odysseus : $10.00 USD – monthly
- Laertes Supercharged : $15.00 USD – monthly
- Tiresias, the Blind Prophet : $20.00 USD – monthly
- Telemachus, Son of Odysseus : $30.00 USD – monthly
- Penelope, Wife of Odysseus : $50.00 USD – monthly
- Aeolus, Keeper of the Winds : $100.00 USD – monthly
If you’d like to set up a monthly donation using your credit card, you can do so through JustGive, a donation portal that makes giving easy. Go to JustGive.org, type Odyssey Writing Workshops into the search box, and then click on Donate. The site allows you to make a donation using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card.
You can help ensure Odyssey’s future by creating a trust while you are living, by including Odyssey in your will, or by designating Odyssey as a beneficiary of an insurance policy, annuity, or retirement plan. Through planned giving, donors can help Odyssey continue in its mission to help writers of fantasy, science fiction, and horror for years to come. Your foresight and generosity with an estate gift can ensure our long-term viability and success. If you are interested in exploring planned giving options, request our Planned Giving Guide.
You can support the Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust simply by doing your Internet searching through GoodSearch.com.
Goodsearch.com is a Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Simply designate “Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust” as the organization you are supporting. Then use GoodSearch just as you would any search engine. Every time you search, GoodSearch will donate a penny to Odyssey. With your help, those pennies can add up! To start searching now, click here.
You can support the Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust by doing your Internet shopping through GoodShop.com.
GoodShop.com is an online shopping mall that donates up to 30 percent of each purchase to your favorite cause. Simply designate “Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust” as the organization you are supporting. Then start shopping. GoodShop.com works with more than 2,500 online retailers (including Amazon, Target, Apple, Gap, Best Buy, eBay, Macy’s, Barnes & Noble, etc.) and every time you purchase something, a percentage will be donated to Odyssey! GoodShop also offers over 100,000 of the most up-to-date coupons and free shipping offers so you can save money at the same time.
Join the Odyssey community in using GoodShop to help us raise money for our mission. To start shopping now, click here!
Credit Card Rewards
You may be able to support Odyssey’s mission by making a donation using your credit card rewards points.
Many credit card companies allow cardholders to use their rewards points to make cash donations to nonprofit organizations. Check to see if your credit card offers this option.
- All MasterCards offer this option. Their program is called COMMUNITYcash.
- Capital One provides this option on all of its cards. It is called No Hassle Giving.
If your card doesn’t currently offer this option, please ask them to do so.
Donations made by using rewards points are tax deductible.
Share your experience with us, so we can offer more details in the future.
Thank you for your support!
Would you like to support Odyssey by volunteering your time, energy, and expertise?
The Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, depends upon the assistance of many volunteers to offer its workshops, online courses, and other resources for writers of fantasy, science fiction, and horror.
Volunteers can work in many different areas:
- help to spread the word about Odyssey and its programs
- do research for various Odyssey projects
- move Odyssey supplies and organize Odyssey files (if you live near New Hampshire)
- provide legal advice and services
- provide accounting advice and services
- provide financial planning advice and services
- write grant proposals
- assist with fundraising
- provide graphic design for ads and other items
- update and maintain records
- help Odyssey utilize and adapt to new technologies
If you’re willing to share your skills in any of these areas–or you have other skills you think may be of use to Odyssey–please contact Odyssey Director Jeanne Cavelos.
Join the team of superheroes who help to keep Odyssey running. Be a hero to the many, many writers who use Odyssey’s programs and resources. Volunteer today!
Thank you for your support!
Badges & Banners